STAY UP TO DATE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Archery has opened registration for two archery camp opportunities: Regional Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Camps, and the newly announced High Performance Camps.
The Regional JOAD Camps will focus on introducing archers to the National Training System (NTS) and offering attendees a positive learning experience that focuses on improving skill sets in a fun-focused team environment. The Regional JOAD Camps are geared toward students who are interested in taking the "next step" toward becoming competitive archers.
The High Performance Camps are being debuted in 2013 as a way to bridge the gap between Regional JOAD Camps and Junior Dream Team (JDT) Camps, and will take place at Olympic Training Centers. These camps have minimum qualifying criteria, detailed below, and are focused on introducing more experienced archers to the National Training System.
Complete information, including registration and contact details, are noted below.
Regional JOAD Camps:
Regional Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Camps are designed to introduce archers to the National Training System and provide an opportunity to interact with an Elite coaching staff and other archers who are also dedicated to taking the "next step" as competitors.
During the camp archers will learn and practice:
· The National Training System (NTS) shot cycle and shooting form
· Learn and complete goal setting exercises
· Learn how to better prepare for tournaments
· Undergo video analysis and critiquing by Regional and Elite Coaches
· Learn advanced training and practice techniques that they can use at home
The goals of the Regional JOAD Camps are to raise each attending archer's level of expertise so that they will be better prepared for tournament competition, teach training techniques that will reinforce the lessons learned at camp, and to instill in each archer the confidence they need to train for and perform better at any level of competition. JOAD Camps are a great learning experience for any archer that is looking to better their skill sets, develop strong friendships, and have fun!
The cost of the camp is $300.00. Archers are responsible for bringing their own equipment and for their own transportation and lodging costs. It is recommended that all traveling archers and parents stay at the host hotel, but it is not mandatory.
Please see below for a list of 2013 Regional JOAD Camps:
· Paseo Vista Archery Club, May 24th-27th, Chandler, AZ
· MSU Demmer Center, June 13th-16th, Lansing, MI
· Lancaster JOAD, July 18th-21st, Lancaster, PA
· Ace Archers Club of Columbus, August 1st-4th, Columbus, OH
· Bull Run Spider Shooters, August 8th-11th, Centreville, VA
· Next Step Archery JOAD, August 8th-11th, Mountlake Terrace, WA
· Ace Archers JOAD, August 15th-18th, Foxboro, MA
MSU Demmer Center, August
15th-18th, Lansing, MI
To register for a camp, please visit: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Programs/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development/JOAD-Camps.aspx and Click on "Click here to register online"
For more information please contact Callie Grieser at: firstname.lastname@example.org 719-866-3452.
High Performance Camps:
High Performance JOAD camps are a fantastic opportunity for archers and are designed to serve as a bridge between the Regional JOAD camps and the Junior Dream Team camps. These camps are intended specifically to introduce the major concepts of the National Training System to archers with one year, or more, of archery experience.
High Performance JOAD camps will take place at the Olympic Training Centers, archers will stay at on-site housing, and the camps will be run and coached by qualified Level V and IV NTS certified USA Archery coaches.
1. Current USA Archery member in good standing
2. Recurve athletes only
3. Ability to shoot 100-200 arrows per day
4. 1000 FITA Score (or 500 points on a 72 arrow ranking round-Junior 70m, Cadet 60m, Cub 50m) in respective division.
Minimum one year shooting in a JOAD club
Dates and Locations:
June 11-15th, 2013 Olympic Training Center-Chula Vista, CA
· Head Coach: Steven Cornell
July 24-28th, 2013 Olympic Training Center-Colorado Springs, CO
· Head Coach: Dee Falks
The cost of the camp is $400.00. On-site housing at the training centers will be coordinated upon registration.
To register for a camp, please visit: https://webpoint.usarchery.org/wp/Events/ListEvents.wp?evt_CategoryID=17
For more information please contact National Teams Manager Ashley Hernandez at: email@example.com or 719-866-3456.
< Back to All News