USA Archery is committed to being a leader within the archery community and beyond by increasing diversity, actively addressing any inequities within the organization and the sport, providing equal access within the archery community, and creating an environment of inclusion in which all people feel safe, respected and valued. We recognize that our differences bring richness to the sport of archery and the USA Archery community.
To that end, USAA is committed to promoting a culture of equality in the sport, in which all people can see themselves taking a part, removing barriers of entry to the sport for underserved and underrepresented individuals and communities, and takes responsibility for empowering, exposing, educating, and engaging the archery community to drive actionable change in their respective local communities. To accomplish this work, USAA has developed a strategic plan to foster diversity, equity, inclusion and access within the sport of archery.
USA Archery strives to be an organization which:
- Is free of prejudice based on various personal characteristics including, but not limited to gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, age, physical ability, religion or socioeconomic status
- Actively promotes equal opportunities for all without regard to the above referenced characteristics
- Provides diversity training to its directors, committees, staff and membership to help recognize implicit bias based on personal characteristics and/or perceptions to develop a deeper understanding of our individual differences to create a more inclusive organization
- Employs a diverse team that is reflective of both the population of the United States and whose behaviors reflect USAA’s culture as defined in the USA Archery High Performance Ethos
- Organizational Health: USAA recognizes that its policies, procedures and business practices must reflect USAA’s vision for a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible organization. USAA will update its internal business practices to deliver inclusive business value, boost intrinsic value among leadership and members and improve the overall culture and operational performance of the organization from the inside out.
- Our People: USAA will strive to attract and retain directors, executive committee members, staff, independent contractors and other business partners that reflect and recognize our diversity and these differences will represent a significant part of not only our organizational culture, but also influence the organizational achievements and overall reputation of USAA. USAA will set forth objectives to attract, recruit and retain a diverse leadership and staff while providing continuing education to those individuals to sustain an inclusive and welcoming organizational culture free of bias.
- Outreach, Marketing and Communications: USAA strives to attract and retain a membership reflective of the population of the United States without regard to gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, age, physical ability, religion or socioeconomic status. USAA will develop outreach and marketing objectives to increase diversity in the categories of membership, athletes, coaches and judges as specifically related to increasing the number of participants in the following categories: people of color, women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities and socioeconomic limitations. Areas of focus will include USAA publications, communications, and digital content.
- Funding: Annually, USAA will develop a tactical plan specific to accomplishing the goals set forth in this plan with a dedicated annual budget, if applicable. In addition to USAA’s dedicated annual budget, USAA will seek new funding sources which support initiatives for diversity, equity, inclusion and access initiatives, which will be added into the annual DEIA budget.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access
Diversity: USAA is striving to create a community reflective of the diversity of the United States. Areas of focus include gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, age, physical ability, religion and socioeconomic diversity.
Equity: USAA is committed to ensuring fair treatment and equal access within the archery community for all participants.
Inclusion: USAA is committed to fostering a community that is welcoming to all individuals. Archery is a sport for everyone, and we want to ensure that every person feels welcome in all areas of the sport.
Access: USAA is dedicated to breaking down barriers of entry and increasing the availability and presence of archery in all communities to persons of all ages, abilities, and socioeconomic status.
USAA shall provide an equal opportunity for all participants without discrimination on the basis of gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, age, physical ability, religion or socioeconomic status. USAA is dedicated to combating discrimination, challenging inequalities, and championing diversity in the archery community and will provide a welcoming environment for everyone. USAA is committed to the varied communities that compete, participate and work to make USAA a world-class organization.
USA Archery DEIA Strategic PlanUSA Archery Grant ProgramsAdaptive Archery ResourcesDEIA Scorecard
DEIA Advisory Council