STAY UP TO DATE
Colorado Springs, CO - USA Archery seeks nominations for two elections that will be held in November: an archery representative and alternate to the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) Athlete Advisory Council, and six representatives to serve on the USA Archery (USAA) Athlete Advisory Council. The winner of the first ballot will automatically be a seventh member of the USA Archery Athlete Advisory Council.
The USOC Athlete Representative must be available to attend a meeting during the first weekend in December with the United States Olympic Committee. This individual will also be required to attend USAA Board of Directors meetings, and participate actively with the USAA Athlete Advisory Council.
The term for election is 2013-2016. While the top recipient of votes in this election will serve as the USOC Athlete Representative for Archery, the second highest vote recipient will serve as the alternate. Further information on the Athlete Advisory Council can be found here. A brief description of responsibilities is located in the Frequently Asked Questions section at this link: http://usathlete.org/about-aac/faq/
Additionally, USA Archery seeks nominations for six representatives to serve on the USAA Athlete Advisory Council.
Eligible individuals for the USAA Athlete Advisory Council must be:
· Citizen of the USA
· Age 18 by December 31, 2012
· Member of USAA sixty days prior to November 16, 2012 close election date)
· Have represented the United States as athletes in the Olympic Games, the Pan American Games, World Championships or other major international competitions in the sport of Archery within the ten year period prior to December 31, 2012
· Have placed in the top third of their respective division at the USAA's National Outdoor Target Championships as athletes, Hamilton Ohio 2012 and Yankton South Dakota 2011.
Eligible individuals to serve on the USOC Athlete Advisory Council must:
· Fulfill the requirements of the first four bullets above as a recurve athlete
Nomination forms, which may be downloaded by clicking here, must be received no later than 8:00 a.m. Mountain time on Monday, October 8. Nomination forms may be completed and submitted electronically to Cindy Clark: [email protected]. A mailing address is also noted in the attached nomination forms.
< Back to All News