STAY UP TO DATE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Interested in making a difference in youth archery? Here's your chance to get involved: USA Archery's Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Committee is seeking a representative for the North Region position for the 2014-2015 term.
USA Archery has re-opened the nomination process for this Region because no applications were received prior to the original November 1, 2013 deadline. The new deadline for nominations is December 5, 2013.
In order to be nominated, you must be from one of the following states: North Dakota, Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, or Ohio.
The JOAD Committee consists of four Regional Coordinators (from the North, West, South, and East geographic regions of the United States) and one Athlete Representative.
As a JOAD Committee representative you will be asked to:
· Focus on youth character and competitive archery development as a lifetime activity
· Advise USA Archery Leadership on JOAD related issues
· Act as a resource to, and communicate with, your State Association and State JOAD Coordinator
· Coordinate and promote JOAD activities within your own region
· Assist in the coordination of the JOAD Regional Indoor and Outdoor Tournaments
· Review Ann Hoyt/Jim Easton JOAD Grant applications and assist in advising how grant funds will be distributed
The USA Archery JOAD Committee meets quarterly by conference call and once per year in person. General Committee business takes approximately thirty minutes per week, and regular correspondence is typically via email. More on Committee duties may be found here.
You may nominate yourself or someone you know for the position of North Region Representative. JOAD Committee members must be at least 18 years old, and Committee service is on a volunteer basis. Active participation in a JOAD Club is helpful but not required.
If you are interested or know someone who would make a great committee member, please click here to download the nomination form. The deadline for submission of the nominee materials is December 5, 2013. Please note that all materials are to be submitted electronically to Jon Taylor at [email protected].
< Back to All News