STAY UP TO DATE
Colorado Springs, CO - USA Archery's Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Committee is seeking two members for 2013-2014 terms, from the East Region and South Region.
The JOAD Committee provides leadership for the JOAD program. The committee consists of a JOAD National Coordinator, the Regional Coordinators (from the North, West, South, and East geographic regions of the United States) and one Athlete Representative. Please click this link for more information: http://www2.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Programs/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development/JOAD-Leadership.aspx
As a JOAD Committee representative you will be asked to:
• Focus on youth character and competitive archery development as a lifetime activity
• Advise the USAA National JOAD Coordinator and USAA Leadership on JOAD-related issues
• Act as a resource to, and communicate with, your State Association and State JOAD Coordinator
• Coordinate and promote JOAD activities within your own region
• Assist in the coordination of the JOAD Regional Indoor and Outdoor Tournaments
• Review Ann Hoyt/Jim Easton JOAD Grant applications and assist in advising how grant funds will be distributed
The USAA JOAD Committee meets quarterly by conference call and once a year in person. Day to day communications are primarily by email. General committee business averages 1/2 hour per week. Active committee members take on "special projects" that typically require 2 hours per week. Committee members that can represent the program at USAA events and championships are helpful. The committee chair coordinates committee efforts.
The JOAD Committee is made up of five (5) members that serve two-year terms. JOAD Committee members must be at least 18 years old and may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms. Committee service is on a volunteer basis. Active participation in a JOAD Club is helpful but not required.
For the 2013-2014 term, the following USAA JOAD Committee member applications are sought:
• East Region Representative - Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont
• South Region Representative - Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky
If you are interested, or know someone who would make a great committee member, nomination forms can be found at http://www2.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Programs/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development/JOAD-Leadership.aspx. The deadline for submission of nomination materials is October 18, 2012. Please note that all materials are to be submitted electronically to JOAD National Coordinator Callie Grieser at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
< Back to All News