February 12, 2020
USA Archery Coach Grant and Education Opportunities
USA Archery is pleased to announce several grant and education opportunities available for current certified instructors and coaches.
- VA Adaptive Coach Observer Grants - The Department of Veterans Affairs has generously offered funding to help instructors and coaches who are working with disabled active duty military or veteran athletes to attend Para Coach Observer Programs held in conjunction with Para National Team Camps. Eligibility and application information below.
- 2020 Level 4-NTS Female Coach Education Grant - Thanks to generous donations from the Easton Sports Development Foundation, USA Archery is able to provide grant funding in 2020 to help female USA Archery Level 3-NTS Coaches advance their coach education level. Current female Level 3-NTS Coaches will be eligible to apply for up to $1,100 per coach to be used to further their coaching knowledge by attending a Level 4-NTS Coach Course in 2020. Eligibility and application information below.
Coach Education Opportunities:
- Para National Camp Coach Observer Programs - Observe and learn from Para National Coaches during Para National Camps. Grant funding is available for eligible coaches through the VA Adaptive Coach Observer Grants. Upcoming programs:
- March 4-8, 2020 - Salt Lake City, UT
- June 3-12, 2020 - Chula Vista, CA
- Regional Elite Development (RED) Coach Observer Programs - Observe and learn from compound and recurve RED Program Coaches during RED Program Camps held regionally or nationally. Upcoming programs:
- March 12-15, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program Southeast Camp 1 - Hanceville, AL
- March 19-22, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program South Camp 1 - Palestine, TX
- April 17-19, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program Southwest Camp 1 - Phoenix, AZ
- June 19-21, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program Southwest Camp 2 - Chino, CA
- June 23-25, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program North Camp 2 - Chicago, IL
- July 31-August 2, 2020 - RED Coach Observer Program North Camp 3 - Toddville, IA
- Level 4-NTS Coach Courses
- November 8-13, 2020 - Chula Vista, CA
- December 6-11, 2020 - Statesboro, GA (Dates TBC)
To register for Coach Education courses login into your USA Archery account, select “courses” on the left, and search for your desired course. For questions, please contact Guy Krueger at [email protected].
Additional Information on Grants including eligibility and application links:
VA Adaptive Coach Observer Grant
Grant funding is limited for this opportunity. Applications will be reviewed on a case by cases basis and distributed on a first come, first served basis. The instructor must pay for all expenses prior to the course. Applications must be approved ahead of time and will be reviewed by USA Archery staff. Applicants must meet the following Eligibility Criteria to apply:
- Minimum age is 18
- Current USA Archery Membership
- Current USA Archery Background Screen
- Current SafeSport Certification
- Prove you are currently working with disabled veterans and/or disabled active duty military personnel
- Able to provide information on how this training will benefit disabled current active duty and veteran personnel
- Apply by March 1, 2020
2020 Level 4-NTS Female Coach Education Grant
Selected applicants will be eligible to receive up to $1,100 of funding to cover registration for the Level 4-NTS Coach Course and related eligible travel expenses. Grant funding will be provided to a limited number of coaches and will only be granted to those who meet all the criteria listed above and are selected by the selection committee. The selection committee will consist of the USA Archery CEO, Chief of Sport Performance, and the Education and Training Manager.
Female Coach Education Grant awards will be based on:
- The number of selected applicants
- Total amount of grant dollars available
- Potential impact of grant on advancing women in coaching archery
- Current level of participation in archery
Grants will be paid as reimbursement after the course and recipients must provide receipts for travel and registration expenses.
To apply, you must meet all of the following Eligibility Criteria:
- Current USA Archery Membership
- Must be 20 years of age or older by November 13, 2020
- Level 3-NTS certification by April 1, 2020
- Current USA Archery background screen
- Successfully completed SafeSport training
- Successfully completed Mental Management 101 Course
- Priority will be given to females who are currently competing in the Master, Senior, or Collegiate Divisions
- Apply by May 1, 2020
If you have any questions regarding these opportunities, please contact Guy Krueger at [email protected]. < Back to All News