STAY UP TO DATE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Committee is seeking two members for the 2015-2016 term: an East Region Representative, and a South Region Representative. Successful nominees will be their region's main point of contact in communicating feedback and submitting proposals to USA Archery staff regarding the future of the JOAD and other Outreach programs.
The East Region Representative will represent the following states: Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
South Region Representative will represent the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky.
The JOAD Committee is made up of five (5) members who serve two-year terms; terms are staggered to provide program continuity. There are four Regional Coordinators (from the North, West, South, and East geographic regions of the United States) and one Athlete Representative. Visit this page for more information.
Committee members shall devote sufficient time and attention to provide program support with regards to but not limited to the following:
• Advise USA Archery staff on Outreach related issues
• Act as a resource to, and communicate with, State Associations and State JOAD Coordinators
• Coordinate and promote Outreach activities within their region
• Review Ann Hoyt/ Jim Easton JOAD Grant applications and provide recommendations to USA Archery staff for Grant allocations
• Select the USA Archery JOAD Award recipient on an as warranted basis
• Attend JOAD Committee meetings
JOAD Committee members must be at least 18 years old and may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms. Committee service is on a volunteer basis. Active participation in a JOAD Club is helpful, but not required.
The deadline for submission of the nominee materials is October 26th, 2014. Please note that all materials should be submitted electronically to Jon Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to All News