STAY UP TO DATE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - USA Archery has announced the selection of two Regional Representatives and an Athlete Representative to the Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Committee.
John Stover (Brighton, Mich.) has been re-selected as the North Region Representative, and continues as the JOAD Committee Chair. Stover has served for four years as the North Region Representative. A current USA Archery Level 4-NTS Coach, Stover has been actively involved in the sport of archery for over 20 years.
Mike Cullumber (Chandler, Ariz.) has been selected as the West Region Representative. As a JOAD club leader for over ten years, Cullumber brings a wealth of archery experience to his new position. Cullumber is a USA Archery Level 4-NTS Coach, the President of USA Archery Arizona, and is the Tournament Director for the AAE Arizona Cup, a World Ranking Event and USAT Qualifier Series Event.
JOAD archers will be represented by Mackenzie Brown, who continues as the JOAD Committee Athlete Representative. Brown, who is currently a Resident Athlete at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, has been actively involved in youth archery for a number of years and is now one of the country's top-ranked female athletes.
Laval "Dee" Falks and Doug Ludwig will continue as the South Region Representative and the East Region Representatives respectively.
The duties of JOAD Committee members include:
· Advise USA Archery staff on Outreach related issues
· Act as a resource to, and communicate with, State Associations and State JOAD Coordinators
· Coordinate and promote Outreach activities within their region
· Review Ann Hoyt/ Jim Easton JOAD Grant applications and provide assistance with Grant allocations
· Select the NAA JOAD Award recipient on an as warranted basis
· Attend JOAD Committee meetings
Click here for more information on the JOAD Committee and other USA Archery Committees.
< Back to All News