The Level 2 Instructor's Course covers learning how to shoot archery, archery range set-up, archery range safety, rules, procedures, commands and the teaching the basics of the NTS Shooting Form. There is a final written exam; which you must pass with 75% or better; and a practical exam. Once you pass the written and practical exams, you will be certified as a Level 2 Instructor. When your membership, Safe Sport and Background Screening are all completed then USA Archery will update your Certification.
The Level 2 Instructor's Course is a blended learning process comprised of two components: an online course and an in person practical course. The online course must be completed before the in person practical course is available. You can register and take the online course at USA Archery's Level 2 Online Course. The fee for the online course is $50.00. The fee for the online course is payable when you register for the online course.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE USA ARCHERY LEVEL 2 INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION ONLINE COURSE
To register for an online Instructor or Coach Certification course, please follow these steps:
· Log in to your USA Archery Membership Services Account at usarchery.sport80.com
· Click on your Personal Account
· Click Courses on the far-left side of the screen
· In the menu of courses that appear, search for the appropriate USA Archery Online Instructor or Coach Certification Course you are looking for
· Click Enter
· After reading the course information, scroll down and click Next
· Click Add New Entry
· Click the green Add button next to the appropriate name and then click Next
· Proceed through the registration form and Checkout
To access the online course, return or log in to your Personal Account. In the menu of options under your Profile, scroll down and select Access USA Archery Education Hub. You will be automatically directed to the USA Archery Education Hub where you will complete your online course.
The Level 2 Instructor's Practical Course will be held at Rosebud Arrow Rod & Gun Club. The practical course runs on Saturdays, 9:00 to 17:00 with a break for lunch. The fee for the practical course is $160. The fee for the practical course is due before you begin the practical course and is payable to MC Archery in the form of credit card or, debit card.
MC Archery requires a $75 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT to hold your seat in the practical.
USA ARCHERY PREREQUISITES
· Minimum Age: 18 (A student who is 17 years old and within 30 days of his or her 18th birthday may take the Level 2 Archery Instructor Certification Course. However, the instructor may not submit the Applicant Data form until the student turns 18 years of age.)
USA ARCHERY CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Membership to USA Archery* or the National Field Archery Association (NFAA)
· USA Archery Background Screening
· U.S. Center for SafeSport Training (this is free for USAA members)
USA ARCHERY BENEFITS
· Qualified to teach the Level 1 Instructor Certification Course
· Eligible to apply for Level 2 Instructor Trainer Certification
· Eligible to receive USA Archery insurance coverage**.
· Access to exclusive video content in the USA Archery Membership Dashboard.
*A Temporary, Recreational, and/or Youth Membership option will not satisfy the membership requirement.
**USA Archery membership required; NFAA will not satisfy the membership requirement.