STAY UP TO DATE
NATIONAL FIELD ARCHERY ASSOCIATION
POSITION TITLE: Tournament Trade Show Manager & Coach
As the manager of the NFAA & WAF tournament trade shows you will be required to promote to manufacturers and dealers the four NFAA/WAF major tournament trade shows. As the Yankton Regional Archery Center Coach you will teach & coach all levels of archery and ensure consistency with the NFAA Instructor programs and USA Archery National Head Coach Training programs and techniques. Strong organization and communication skills are a must along with the ability to work with dual reporting responsibilities. Creative and innovative thinking is necessary to develop a strong regional coaching program.
1. Responsible for advanced level coaching/training for both compound and recurve archers at the Yankton Regional Center.
2. Provide overall guidance and leadership of local coach development, mentoring, and performance appraisals in order to provide input and assistance to the National Coach for the overall coach identification and promotion strategy and team coaching appointments.
3. Provide the instruction/coaching/training as assigned by the Yankton Regional Archery Center Manager to include but not limited to NFAA/USAA/NASP Programs.
4. Provide high level coach training for local college/university coaches by visiting their locations and coordinating regional collegiate training events and tournaments.
5. Work with NADA and the National Coach to make modifications and updates to instructor training and educational material.
6. Provide instruction and training for state bowhunter and hunter education classes.
7. Administrate and manage the four trade shows; Vegas, Indoor National, First Dakota Classic and Outdoor Nationals. This includes all Vendor information; booth information, venue information, prices, decorator information.
8. Coordinate and schedule NFAA/WAF trucks and equipment for each trade show.
9. Coordinate with NFAA Volunteers, unloading and loading requirements and time for each trade show.
10. Coordinate with Venue and Decorator for each trade show setup and tear down.
11. Schedule additional room needs with Venue and Decorator for seminars, special needs, AV, etc..
12. Be a creative and innovative thinker providing solutions to improve the coaching development program.
13. Develop program materials to promote and advertise the NFAA/WAF trade shows.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
*Standard Office Equipment
*Compound & Recurve bow tuning setup and maintenance
*Physical fitness & training equipment and aids
*Video, Camera, Computer equipment and AV training devices
*Office, Classroom, Indoor & Outdoor Range environment at Yankton Regional Archery Center.
*Physical loading and unloading and storage of NFAA/WAF equipment.
*Domestic travel and possible international travel may be required.
*Non-traditional work hours including weekends and holidays.
*Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
*Minimum three years experience in sport performance, management.
*Minimum five years coaching and/or teaching experience with a current Level 4 Elite Coach Certification and BEST Certification.
*Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
*MS Office proficiency.
*Strong customer service orientation.
*Creative thinker and innovator.
*Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
*Supports transparency, ethical decision making and always acts with the highest degree of integrity.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Dual reporting to NFAA Executive Secretary and Yankton Regional Archery Center Manager.
Please send resume to: National Field Archery Association
Bruce Cull, President
800 Archery Lane
Yankton, South Dakota 57078
Deadline for Submission: Position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: Negotiable, commensurate to experience, education and training.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
< Back to All News