May 03, 2011
Easton Newberry Sports Complex Seeks Assistant Archery Coach
Easton Sports Development Foundation
Easton Newberry Sports Complex
Position Title: ASSISTANT ARCHERY COACH
The Easton Newberry Sports Complex is seeking a Full Time Assistant Archery coach to assist the Head Resident Archery Coach, Robert Turner, to foster, promote and administer Archery programs at the Complex.
The successful candidate will be required to work with a wide range of archers and programs of all levels within and around the region. Strong organization/communication skills are mandatory. A positive attitude, strong knowledge of archery and a creative and innovative thinker is necessary to develop effective programs within the facility.
The individual will need the ambition to become a high-level archery coach in the USA Archery system, and will be required to become proficient with the National Training System.
*** This position is located in Newberry, Florida ***
- •Assist with program development and coordination
- •Assist in overseeing the Junior Olympic Archery Program and other community-based archery programs.
- •Assist in overseeing the indoor and outdoor archery (Field, FITA and 3-D) ranges
- •Assist in conducting community-based archery programs, including college teams, leagues, tournaments and events.
- •Assist, or conduct, archery instructor training courses.
- •Assist the Facility Scheduling Coordinator in conducting mobile programs in the surrounding area using the facility's mobile van.
- •Assist with record keeping for facility archery programs
- •Assist in promotional efforts to increase programs and participation.
- •Manage and inventory the facility's archery program equipment.
- •Travel, as needed, to coaching seminars and other functions related to the job.
- •Assist the Head Resident Coach in any other related needs.
REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,& ABILITIES:
- •A strong archery background.
- •Intermediate coaching certification or above (community or regional certification preferred but is not a requirement)
- •Experience in coaching various levels of athlete, from beginner to developing and advanced
- •The ability to use Dartfish, Quicktime and other photo/video analysis software programs or the willingness to learn such programs.
- •Have a personality suitable in dealing with children and adults in a public environment on a daily basis.
- •Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- •Have the ability to use the MS Office suite software and have general knowledge of daily office operations and equipment.
- •Have the physical ability to assist in moving targets on and off the ranges as needed.
- •Be able to work in an English-speaking environment.
- •Have a valid driver's license.
- •Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative to achieve facility and program outcomes and requirements.
- •Self motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- •Prepared to travel interstate and work out of hours on a needs basis.
- •Ability to work autonomously and display personal responsibility for transparent decision making
Note: The ability to obtain (and maintain) clearance/s to work with children is an essential component of this role and continued employment.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- • Standard office equipment.
- • Physical fitness & training equipment.
- • Standard bow tuning, setup and maintenance recurve and compound.
- • Computer equipment, AV, Dartfish or similar archery specific training equipment.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Easton Newberry Sports Complex Head Archery Coach
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Nil
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: possible part time staff and external providers of ENSC
Please email resume : [email protected]
Deadline for Submission: Position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: Negotiable, commensurate to experience, education and training.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
< Back to All News