March 13, 2015
Blog Post: USA Archery Restructures Outreach Department
by Outreach Director Mary Emmons
When I joined USA Archery in April of 2012, we were faced with an exciting, challenging directive: create an Outreach team to help USA Archery meet the needs of its customers (that's you!) and expand our grassroots programming.
In the Outreach department, we've slowly added staff positions to accommodate excellent membership growth while adding new programs like Explore Archery and the USA Archery Camp Series.
Now, it's time for us to increase staff support in response to that program and member growth. We also want to create event opportunities at the local and state level, giving more archers the chance to experience the fun of tournaments.
To that end, USA Archery's Outreach department will be restructured for 2015 to provide enhanced customer service and to help USA Archery grow its programs, events and services.
I'm excited to continue leading the Outreach team as Director, while we'll have some new additions and changes to existing job descriptions. All of these changes will take effect on March 16. This means you may want to update your contact information for specific USA Archery staff members.
Here are the key changes we're making:
- Current Membership coordinator Cindy Tobin will assume a new position as Membership Services Manager. Cindy will oversee instructor and coach certification, and membership programs and staff in her new role.
- USA Archery has hired Lorin Opfer as the new Membership Coordinator. Lorin comes to archery from the Widefield School District in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where she was employed as the Youth Sports Coordinator. Lorin has a Master's Degree in Administrative Studies with a focus in sports management from Missouri State University.
- Current Program Coordinator Jon Taylor will assume a new position at USA Archery as the Event Development Manager. In his new role, which is also new to the organization, Jon will focus on growing local and state event opportunities, as well as the USA Archery Camp program. Jon will also serve as a resource to State Associations.
- Program Manager Callie Grieser will directly manage the Explore Archery Program, and Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD), Collegiate Archery Program, and Adult Archery Program Clubs.
- Current Certification Coordinator Jo Chouinard will continue to administer the instructor and coach certification programs.
With these changes, we hope you'll find us to be even more responsive to your questions and more proactive about growing program and event opportunities. As always, we welcome your feedback, and I invite you to email me with your questions and suggestions.
Thank you for your continued support of archery!
< Back to All News