All Participants must be a registered member of Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.Certification for Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri’s archery program is provided through USA Archery. USA Archery offers Level I and Level II Instructor courses in a blended learning format. Volunteers will complete the knowledge portion of the course online prior to completing the in-person skills session at a GSEM archery range on one of our camp properties.
Registration for USA Archery Level I or Level II Instructor begins by first registering for an in-person practical skills session in gsEvents or by opening the course in gsLearn and following the provided link.
Then, then paying for and completing the online portion of the course on the USA Archery website.
To successfully complete the requirements for USA Archery Instructor, volunteers must:
1. Register and pay for an in-person practical skills session in gsEvents or by opening the course in gsLearn and following the provided link.
2. Create a USA Archery account on the USA Archery website, Pay for and complete the USA Archery Instructor Certification online course and exam.
3. After you complete the online exam, go to the USA Archery website and register for the in-person skills session. This will be the same session you registered for in gsEvents or gsLearn. This may be done only after passing the online exam.
In Level II, participants gain the necessary tools to serve as the lead instructor for long-term archery programs such as Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD), Adult Archery Program and Collegiate Archery Program clubs, and the Explore Archery Program. This course includes information from the USA Archery Level 1 Instructor online certification course and provides participants with an introduction to the National Training System (NTS) Steps of Shooting for recurve and compound bows, equipment and accessory setup, athlete development, and events.
USA Archery Level II Instructor certification is required to become a USA Archery instructor trainer for our Council. Girls 18 years and older are welcome to participate. This USA Archery certification is valid for three years renewable online through USA Archery.
A fee of $50 is required for the online course paid on the USA Archery website. In addition, participants must have:
1. Current U.S. Center for SafeSport Training (free on USA Archery website)
2. Current USA Archery Background Screening ($35 for 24 months),
3. Current USA Archery adult membership ($160 for 36 months), and
4. Completion of the online USA Archery Instructor Trainer course ($10)
The total cost for this course is $255. You will receive detailed instructions on how to navigate the USA Archery website via email after you register for an in-person practical skills session in gsEvents or by opening the course in gsLearn and following the provided link.
Instructors who complete USA Archery Level II Instructor, as well as the online USA Archery Instructor Trainer course, may facilitate USA Archery Level I Instructor courses for GSEM volunteers.
Please contact Shaun Lindhoff, [email protected], with questions about USA Archery Level II Instructor Certification or becoming an instructor trainer for the GSEM archery program.
Note: USA Archery Level I Instructor certification is NOT a prerequisite for this course.