The Level 5-NTS Coach Certification Course is a self-paced, independent course which highlights the candidate's ability to coach archers to a high-performance level of achievement using the National Training System (NTS).
Level 5-NTS Coaches have the highest knowledge of the NTS and have shown experience with applying the NTS through their coaching.
Course Length: Self-paced, independent course.
Course Cost: N/A
Certification Period: Three years from the date of course completion
- Minimum age is 23
- Must be a current Level 4-NTS Coach for a period of two years
*NFAA Partner Membership is authorized.
- Must pass an interview with National Head Coach where your NTS knowledge will be evaluated
- Must participate in and provide practical supervision in NTS through the Coach Observer Program
- Serve as a Coach for the Regional Elite Development Program, Junior Olympic Archery Development, Para High Performance Camp or Resident Athlete program
- Have personally coached three or more archers to one or more of the following:
- JOAD National podium place
- Collegiate National podium place
- Cadet USAT top-10 ranking
- Jr. USAT top-10 ranking
- Sr. USAT top-10 ranking, or
- Olympic, World or International team member
- Travel as Coach and/or Team Leader to two or more international events as a Level 5-NTS candidate or assist with teaching the Level 4-NTS Coach Course
*A USA Archery Temporary, Recreational, and/or Youth Membership will not satisfy the membership requirement.
**USA Archery membership required; NFAA membership will not satisfy the membership requirement.
Find Out How to Apply
For more information on Coach Certification programs, contact USA Archery at [email protected] or (719) 866-3451.